Saturday, February 6, 2010

Only for now...


Last night David, Julie and I went to go see Avenue Q. Which is AMAZING! I loved it. It was a musical that kept me laughing the whole way through. Though slightly crude humor, it was performed amazingly and I have to say I am in complete aw of the actors on the stage last night. Half the actors play puppets (think Sesame Street but a lot more adult) and they have to sing, act, and move the puppets all at once. Something that would be a challenge. I'm so glad I went.

The show got out at about 10:20-ish, so we had to walk back to my work (where we parked so we didn't have to pay for parking) and on our way home. Tired and feet aching we get home and David sees that he missed a call, from my mom (keep in mind NJ is two hours ahead of UT), saying that I left my phone at the theater and that I can go pick it up tomorrow. I was far too tired to pick it up that night, so I called my mom to let her know we got the message and get other information about who I needed to talk to the next day. My mom informed that recieving a call from the Sheriff in the middle of the night shaved 5 years of her life span, and proceeded to (playfully) scold me for giving her a heart attack.

Sorry Mommy! Love you!

So today I drove back to the theater and parked right next to it thinking I'd only be there for a max of 15 minutes. Only to walk into the security office and find out... THEY LOST IT!!! I spent the next half an hour helping/waiting for the sheriff to find it to no avail. Giving the sheriff David's phone number I left. The parking lot I pulled into had only a 15 min grace period so I had to pay for being there 30 minutes. How much did I have to pay you ask? $2.00, not that bad really, except they don't accept cards so I had to write a $2.00 check. The weirdest check I've ever had to write.

Continuing with my errands and finally getting home, I look on my computer and there is an e-mail from David. "They found your phone, you might want to go get it." Frak. I had just come home, and had to drive ALLLLLL the way back downtown to get my phone. Luckily, they actually did have it and I didn't need to write another $2.00 check.

Did I mention I'm running on 4 hours of sleep? Yeah, its been a long day. Now I'm sitting at home, indulging in a Stargate: Atlantis marathon and making icons for my LJ account. Its calming. The end song for Avenue Q repeating in my head saying

"Don't stress relax let life roll off your back exept for death and paying taxes everything in life is only for now."

2 comments:

Wendy G. Atkins said...

Whoa what an intense couple of days! Glad you finally got your phone. Smallest amount I've written on a check was 75 cents!! Haha amazing huh?! I laughed when they actually cashed it.

Anna Gailey said...

without my phone I felt like I was missing a foot or something. It was pretty bad.

$2.00 was pretty lame I must say, but 75 cents is worse.