Saturday, August 8, 2009

to trash or not to trash...

I found something that looks really interesting to do.... The premise of it is that a woman only gets to wear her wedding dress once really, and before the Big Day, one does what ever we can to keep that dress from getting ruined.... but what happened after the big day? The beautiful dress stays in a box hoping that someday it'll get worn by a daughter or granddaughter, but until then it just sits there....

Well I discovered what some photographers are calling "Trash the Dress". Its where after the big day, you do a photoshoot in your beautiful wedding dress, doing things you never would have done before the big day... like standing the middle of a lake, or on a trampoline. At first thought my reaction was... um... NO! but as I saw the beautiful pictures that come out of it, I've been trying to see if its worth it...

some examples of such pictures are here at David Terry Photography. The pictures are fantastic!

My question is... I can't decide whether or not i should actually do it... It'd be fun to do pictures in my wedding dress that were outside. I need some input, should i do it?




Photobucket

No comments: